Welcome to the FAIR Education Act Website!
The goal for this website is to be a one-stop place to find lessons and resources to support teachers to make history and social studies a more fair, accurate, inclusive and respectful experience for all students.
Click on the grade level of the lesson that they’re looking for, and once you’ve tried a lesson, please leave us some feedback so other educators can benefit from your experience.
This website is a work in progress, and we’re always looking for more lessons to add, in addition to any feedback you may have. Please e-mail [email protected] or contact us here .
Plans for the near future include:
- Additional lessons and resources as they become available, particularly those from the people with disabilities community.
- Each grade level will be sortable to type of resource: books, videos, lessons, etc.
- Increased accessibility of this website include font size and contrast.
- An interactive map that highlights places of geographical importance to people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.
Use lessons to teach about people or social movements. This may include reading books or watching videos.
Add information into current history lessons including historical figures and movements that have been left out.
Include one of several activities available here, including celebration days, games, and assemblies.
- The FAIR education act brings more people into the textbook of who we are as Americans.